Friday, March 4, 2011

Dance hangover

Princess (left) and pal waiting to go onstage.
I feel like I have a dance hangover. The wee princess had her dance showcase last night. The showcase is a full dress rehearsal complete with an audience. The show was a big success (with a few gaffs that will be ironed out before we head to competition) and she acquitted herself well. I'm enormously proud of her hard work.

I'm exhausted from the logistics of 6 hair/costume changes in a short span but the wee princess was thrumming with excitement all night. We were honoured to have some friends take time during their evening to spend it watching her perform. Thank you!

The big let-down of the night was with the videography. I failed to set the camera up properly and so all of the videos turned out poorly. I. Am. Kicking. Myself. I don't get many opportunities to film her dancing because it's forbidden at competitions (they want to sell you their own DVDs, of course).

Anywho. Still no cottage news. From what I can gather around the internets, the lake is showing signs of thaw with diminishing snow banks but the big Ice Out hasn't started yet. I'm really starting to get the itch to return to the cottage, I have to confess.

Possibly fuelling this itch was the arrival of the latest edition of Cottage Life magazine in my mailbox this week. I knew as soon as I saw it that I'd need to share this insert with you. Look what can be yours for the low, low price of $199.00 (payable in 4 easy installments). And the "cuckoo" is a loon! Well, paint me purple and call me Barney. How have I survived these 29+ (++++++++++) years without a clock such as this!?

It. Is. Fine*.

All kidding aside, I freely accept that most cottages are where cast-off housewares go to die, however why would any human with two functioning brain cells to rub together burn $200 on a brand-new gaudy piece like this?!

*boggle*

Humanity scares me sometimes.

UPDATE: So, I just visited the website for the clockmaker. Look at the photoshopped "close up" of the cuckoo loon! The descriptions of the clock are giving me a case of the giggles.




(*and by "fine" I mean a fine example of early ugly design. If you buy this for me I will hunt you down, paint you purple, and call you Barney. And nobody wants that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment