Sunday, March 11, 2012

Water levels: 2012

The water levels are still constant, so I'm guessing the lake is still mostly ice. The latest satellites photos have all been overcast, so it's impossible to tell from here.

According to this graph, the spike in water level ought to happen mid-April, but I'm not sure what we're going to see this year. There's very little snow to melt/run-off, so I don't know how much/if there will be much of a spike this year. I suppose if areas to the north that feed into the trent system still have a lot of snow, we might see a typical spike.

The spike is usually our litmus test for putting the boat in the water. There's no point doing it before the spike, because the docks in the marina will be underwater, and our own dock would be at risk of floating away.

So, we wait.

Meantime, I'm thinking about junky bunky demo/reno (dremo?), living room ceilings, garden seeds, and other small projects like planters, bench/swing, painting kitchen table, refurb'd picnic table, upgraded stairs....

ACK! I'd better stop scheming now, or I'll have no summer left to enjoy the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment