Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Garden update

Holy Smokes! When you're forced to spend 3 weekends away from the cottage, the garden grows a LOT while you're away.

Check this out!

It's quite a difference, isn't it!

The cucumbers I thought wouldn't survive are burgeoning and are awash in future-cucumber blooms.

We've even got a few small (4") cucumbers growing. Right now they're pickle-sized.

This is my swiss chard. It's still light green, but I'm sure in another week or two it will be ready to start eating. Mmmm. Swiss chard and butter.

Here are my carrots. Ok. ok. Here are my carrot tops. The carrots haven't started forming below this yet. They're still spindly roots. You can see how well the green onions are doing behind them.

And look at my tomato plants! These little tomatoes are about the size of a ping-pong ball right now. I hope I get to eat them before the critters on the island do.






No comments:

Post a Comment