Saturday, June 18, 2022

So here's what we're thinking...

Firstly, this is definitely the shape of the new cottage..it's almost the exact same size/footprint as the old cottage, just wider by 10ft on the northish side (the side towards the peaky bunky). We're also going to be adding a "utility room/crawlspace" beneath the cottage, and a second story loft/storage/overflow sleeping space upstairs.
Because we need to order windows and doors toutysuitey, I need to figure what colour those windows and doors should be. And to figure THAT out, I need to have made decision on siding/trim colours. *Exasperated sigh*.

After much agonizing over super boring siding colours, here's the current front-runner for the colour-scheme (and it changes almost hourly):

Ignore the woopsiness of some of my windows and doors in the rendering; the visualizer tool was cumbersome and I grew sloppy. The backdoor in the side view will be a screen door into the covered porch, the tool didn't have any.

I think we're ready to place the doors/windows order on Monday. If I don't waffle again about the colours. 

1 comment:

  1. I think the wobbly windows add to the Hodge Podge Lodge tradition.

    ReplyDelete