Friday, April 6, 2012

A wee update

We're home this weekend, which is a pleasant change from the back-to-back weekends of dance competition we've endured lately. It's nice to be home. I'm getting some gardening done that typically gets neglected in the blur from dance season into cottage season.

The princess and I spent some time planting seeds to start some of the plants for the veggie garden at the cottages today. We planted cucumbers and green onions. I've also got seeds for Swiss chard and carrots, but I'll plant those when we get to the cottage.

We've also been looking at materials to put on the living room roof. Right now, cottage-grade knotty pine panelling is winning. I'm not a fan of the orange pine, though, so the wood will need to be white-washed or painted before it gets installed.

The captain has also been busy. He pulled the battery out of the boat to charge it after it sat idle all winter. He seems to think he's going to be able to put the boat into the water tomorrow, but I'm skeptical. I don't even think Marvin at the marina knows where he's going to put us yet! It's all well and good to put a boat into the water, but you kinda need a place to put it once it's in, no?

I think the earliest we'll be back to the cottage may be the weekend of may 12th ish, which is our first weekend after the final dance competition.

I'm keen to get back. I miss the pace.

(this my first post composed on my phone. Fun times!)

No comments:

Post a Comment