Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Hallowe'en wreath

This one has nothing to do with the cottage, but it's a build/project that the princess and I undertook after a little binge at Michael's so I figured I'd share.

I went in to the store because white satin ribbon was 50% off (needed for dance skirts) and came out with all the fixin's for a Hallowe'en wreath. *face palm*. At least I remembered to buy the white satin ribbon. All of the supplies were on sale, so I justify my actions that way.

I think we spent $14 altogether on supplies (include tax).

Here is the wreath that the wee princess and I slapped together on Sunday afternoon with a hot-melt glue gun.















It used:
  • a grapevine wreath ($2.99)
  • 4 sparkly sprays (2 black, 2 orange) ($1.18 ea)
  • 1.5" black sheer ribbon ($2.99)
  • A glitter skull ($1.18)
  • A glitter jack-o-lantern ($1.74)
  • Styrofoam eyeballs ($.85 for 4).

The eyeballs were actually 4 in a package, but since we only used three, I've been leaving the fourth one in various spots around the house to surprise people.

SURPRISE!

No comments:

Post a Comment