Monday, February 1, 2010

I'm sick of it being winter already! *HARUMPH!*

I am so sick of winter.
Seriously. It can stop. Like, right now.

We visited the Despot yesterday to acquire the last few building goodies before the reno tax credit expired. Most of it was wire shelving for our basement closet (yeah!) but I did nab some tile nippers, the cement backerboard for the shower reno, some fibertape and screws for said board, and some smaller niggly bits.

We didn't pick up the paint (called at 3:23, paint store closed at 3:00! Dammit), or the 2x2 tiles I wanted for the shower floor, as they were all out. We almost bought a ladder and some halogen pot lights, but didn't, and gave serious thought to buying 1x1' ceiling tiles for the living room, but I'm not convinced that's the route I want to go for finishing the ceiling. I'd much rather put gyprock up, but that's an ugly piggy job to install, let alone tape and mud.

So, indecision means the ceiling purchase is still unresolved.

And now, we wait.

*sigh*

I suppose I can start working on some upholstery in the meantime, and I'll continue to troll kijiji for a white stove and some bunkbeds.

Here's a photo of the lake from Harwood. (I hope you can see the photo, it's from a BBS that requires a log-in.)

No comments:

Post a Comment