Sunday, April 18, 2010

There's a hole in my bucket...

Actually, there was a hole in my boat; several of them!

Fortunately they were only in the fabric cover and were fairly easy to mend. Unfortunately, I've been busier than a one-armed paper hanger this past week with two dance competitions and haven't had much extra time for cottage work (or blog posts - *toe grind*). I needed to get the boat cover mended before this weekend, as we're planning to take the boat to the marina today and it'll be a lot trickier to fix them once it's in the water.

Hooray for my 20-yr-old Kenmore sewing machine! It's a real work horse. How long will the repairs last? Probably not as long as they could. I didn't use UV resistant fabric or thread, and I'm sure they'll fade and/or rot after prolonged exposure to sunlight, but by that time I hope will have enough extra cash kicking around that we can just pay to have the cover re-built.  

I bet my sister is looking at the plants in the background thinking "what have you done to my spike!?" 'cause I inherited it from her when she moved out west. Hi Mel! Sorry 'bout the plant. Ahaha. Turns out I have a black thumb.

I had been waiting this week for the captain to log a post about obtaining boat insurance for an older boat (we hit some speed bumps in that undertaking, and I thought it would benefit the world to learn from our foibles), but he's been.... lax. Soon. I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment