Friday, April 30, 2010

You're all fired.

Yes you. Sitting there, smugly looking at your computer.


I didn't get a single suggestion from you about what I should do with my rustic ropey frames. Are they really that bad?

Well nuts to you all, I've come up with an idea all on my own and it's going to kick ropey-frame butt. And then you'll be all, "gee, why didn't I think of that?" and you'll wonder what you ever did to deserve my greatness.

I'm just saying.

This weekend: cottage. Weather is supposed to be a little wet, but I think we'll survive.
Grand plans:
  1. I'd like to scour the stove and apply the white high-heat enamel paint. Maybe when I'm doing that the captain and the kids can wash out the "new" fridge and get it all set up inside. I'm still unsure if/how long the enamel paint will last on the stove, but it's a short term fix until we find/can afford another stove.
  2. I'd like to empty the bunk room of furniture and rip out the flooring in the back half of the cottage (=bunk room, back hall, shower and loo)
  3. I'd like to wash down all the walls in that area and prep for painting.
  4. If I have time left over, I want to wash down the kitchen cupboards to get them painted too. The sooner they're painted, the sooner I can load'em up with stuff.
We realized last weekend that there are no electrical outlets of any kind in the bunk room.
I guess I'll need to get that situation rectified, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment