Monday, February 7, 2011

Biding my time

Hi!

All is quiet on the blog front. We're deep in the middle of winter now; the snow has been gently falling since last night and we've got a lovely winter wonderland outside. The groundhog has forecast an early spring (he'd better be right!) so hopefully we'll be back at the cottage sooner rather than later.

Since I have no cottage news, here are some more photos from non-cottage life over the last week.
This is a picture of the wee lad asleep. The "photo of the week" theme this week was supposed to be sleep, but it's really hard to focus a camera to take a photo in the dark. Ergo, not many "sleep" photos.

Instead, you get pictures of winter snow. We've had a lot of it. They we calling for a foot of snow, but we only got about 20 cm (look at me, mixing my units of measurement.)
It was enough snow that most people worked from home that day* and a few got stuck in snowbanks and had to be rescued by the captain and other neighbours.

*My how times have changed! When I started working, no-one stayed home on a snow day. You were a "bad employee" if you didn't risk your life to come in to the office. Ubiquitous laptops and corporate VPNs are saving lives, I have no doubt!
That's what you get for trying to ram through a snowbank!STUCK.
The birds had the right idea. They stayed inside.

On Friday, the scrapping girls and I headed to the new restaurant in town, Corrado's, for an evening drink and a snack. It was really nice to get out and just chit chat!
...And enjoy some girlie drinks. This is a sour-apple martini one of them ordered. Mmm.
The wee lad must be getting a bit of cabin fever, because he asked me to do his hair in a fauxhawk (a mohawk, minus the shaved bits on the sides). I'm no more skilled at making curly hair stand up straight than I was in high school. It's harder than it looks!

We also had family movie night again on Saturday, and watched the next Harry Potter movie. Note: fauxhawk and red lump.

Sunday was the wee lad's weekly hockey game.  I think he's the smallest kid on his team. Can you find him?
They won! The score was 4-0, and their goalie got his first shut out.
The wee lad also got his first penalty, for hooking an opposing player. "Sit, and feel the shame!" his Dad says.
I love that he can't even see over the boards from the penalty box.
This is his penalty on the clock.
And, because this has been a lad-intensive post, here's one of the princess at his game. Soon enough our world will be overrun by dance competitions, and I'll be struggling to find photos of the lad to share.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment