Friday, November 13, 2009

Friday the 13th

I'm not sure it's such a good idea to sign legally binding documents on Friday the 13th, but we've done just that.

We are now the proud owners of a cottage!

It's a rustic, old, ramshackle place on Rice Lake that I've decided to call "Hodge Podge Lodge" (hence the blog title). I wanted to share the adventure of our purchase with everyone, and I think this is the best venue for that. I'll include photos, stories of our trials and tribulations, our latest renovations, and other fun tidbits of cottage life. Cottage life! Teehee! I'm still a little giddy.

As first-time cottage owners, I expect we'll run into some entertaining stupidity (like - I don't know how to drive a boat!!) and the learning curve will be steep. Maybe the things we learn the hard way will be beneficial to another first-time cottage buyer. Who knows.
Sit back in your adirondack, grab a cold drink, and enjoy the views.

Welcome to Hodge Podge Lodge.

No comments:

Post a Comment