Monday, January 11, 2010

Ha!

So, I said I was going to sleep on the colours last night. Funny thing about that. While lying down it bed and fretting about the colours I had chosen, I happened to glance over at my stack of unread magazines and spotted my latest edition of Style-At-Home. (I love this magazine - you should get it.)

Splashed across the cover it says, "What's hot now! Best Colour Combos" so I thought to myself: "Hmm, maybe this will set me in the right direction". So I flipped to page 41 and I saw this:

Well, damn! My colour instincts are good! The cuckoo stripey fabric is fresh, not dated. Now to figure out how many meters I need and make a trip back to Fabricland.

Oh, and now that I'm viewing the fabric samples in daylight, I'm amending the colours slightly. The solid brown is CC514 - hiking trail, the background of the patterned fabrics is CC-368 - sandpiper beige (candidate for wall colour), the dark turquoise is polar jade, the lighter blue-grey is piedmont grey, the dark green is 2145-10 - avocado, and the light green is very close to 2149-20 g.i. green, but it a titch lighter.

Ya see? I just needed to sleep on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment