Friday, January 8, 2010

Wish I had more

I wish I had more to report but with ice on the lake there's not a lot going on at/for the cottage. I can't even lurk on my ice-fishing BBS because it's down for maintenance. Boo.

I have a lengthy cottage to-do list, however, and much of it involves shopping. Best of all, I'm shopping to a deadline! (Whee!)

Note: this is not me. Duh.

First up, the Home Renovation Tax Credit Thinger Dinger runs out at the end of January. I need to stock up on as many of our building materials as I can before that date to ensure we maximize our tax credit. Primarily this will be: wood screws, shower fixin's (tile, grout, mastic, comb, concrete backer board, membrane, tile spacers, shower floor), primer, paint, ladder, paint tray, rollers, drop sheets, masking tape, latex caulk, smoke detectors, and a tank for the water pump. (phewph!) And maybe some ceiling tiles, if they're not that expensive. Must investigate.

After that whirlwind of money-blowing activity, I need to head to Fabricland. There's a sale on drapery fabric until the end of January: Buy one meter, get two free. I have a sneaking feeling this doesn't apply to the Oshawa or Whitby stores, so I need to research before I head out the door. I'm planning to buy fabric to reupholster the couch and chair that have been living in our garage these last 5 years, and to make curtains/roman shades for many of the cottage windows. I'm also going to see if I can wangle a deal on some 120" raw muslin (or at least see if I can order it through them) to use for photography backdrops. Yes yes.. that has nothing to do with the cottage. I'm multi-tasking!

I'm excited about the fabric shopping. Once I have my fabrics I'll be able to pick out paint colours for the walls, and then I'll be able to start trolling for decorating accessories to co-ordinate. Good times!

I think my credit card is starting to smoke already.

No comments:

Post a Comment