Friday, April 1, 2011

Retail therapy

Because today is April fools, I'm bringing a retail therapy post to you today. (OK. This has nothing to do with April fools. I just had to work that in somehow. Poorly.)

I went out shopping last night (aaaaaaaah) and found some cute treasures to put in the cottage. I really needed to get out of the house and away from my computer. It's been a nutty mental couple of weeks at work. Let us never speak of it again. On to the finds!

Here's what I found:

Some beachy feeling canvas-stretched prints. Ya, they were $10 ea. for 8"x8" prints, but I couldn't make them for less, and I thought the colours/subject were a good match. I'm thinking of putting them in the bathroom. They're shown with the fabric from the shower curtain to give you an idea. I like the pinkish-red in them too. It gives me a tie-in to include some cherry red accents (very few) in the bathroom for pops of fun colour. I was waffling between apple green or cherry red, and this settles it.  Oh, and I love the cast metal starfish. I actually bought three. At least one is going into my bedroom.

Next, I couldn't pass this little guy up. I have a weakness for pears. Most rooms in my house have a pear somewhere. I felt the cottage shouldn't be an exception. I don't know yet where I'll put him though. TBD. At $3.50 and about 4" tall he was too cute to pass up.

That's it for my treasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment