Wednesday, April 6, 2011

*THUD*

That was me falling off my chair.
After all this waiting it has finally happened:

ICE OUT!

Photo unabashedly lifted from, http://ricelake.forumotion.ca/
This photo was taken yesterday (April 5) at the south-west end of Rice Lake in Bewdley (I'm guessing, based on the vantage point).

The lake is clearly ice free. We still need to determine if the docks in the marina are still underwater. I'm guessing not since the water levels site yesterday showed that the spring spike had already abated. Next steps: get That Damned Boat ™ into the water, put the docks back in, and figure out if my flooring survived!

GAH! I'm so excited.

Of course, I'm out of town for 4 of the next 5 weekends attending dance competitions so I won't get anywhere near the cottage for  probably a month yet.

*Sob*

I'm so excited!!! *clap clap clap clap clap*

No comments:

Post a Comment