Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My Daddy loves me

My Daddy loves me.

I know this because he made me this trunk/chest/blanket box/hope chest for my birthday. It's the new coffee table (tea table? I don't really drink coffee) at the lodge. My birthday was in June, so it's a little late arriving, but he has a very good excuse. He's been spending all his spare time working at the cottage!



I think I can forgive him.

The photos aren't the greatest. I remembered to snap them just as we were packing up to leave amidst a day-long downpour when everything (Gene and pals) had been brought inside off the porch already. It's a fantastic size, not too big in the tiny space, and best of all the lid is hinged for ample storage of junk. I'm a bit of a storage freak, I think. It's also the perfect place to display the Summer Cottages book that my Aunty P gave me for my birthday.

Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment