Thursday, August 26, 2010

Night crossing


This is what happens when you don't have your act together and leave too late on a Friday evening. You cross the lake in the dark.

It was a relatively calm evening, though there was only a sliver of a crescent moon in the sky. The easy part is navigating; both the island and the shore are relatively well lit. You just have to aim for one while avoiding the other. The challenge was finding our dock in the pitch dark. I'm thinking some solar dock lights might not be a bad investment.

I felt so bad for asking Dad for his help getting us across with another load of building supplies in the dark. He is such a good sport. I'm really lucky.

The star-gazing from the middle of the lake is breathtaking. Even with a bit of light pollution from nearby Peterpatch, it's still beautiful.

If only I weren't bug chocolate, I could sit outside and enjoy it more!

No comments:

Post a Comment