Monday, August 9, 2010

Whee!

Look at me!
I'm driving That Damned Boat™.

Or rather, "Look at me! I'm pursing my lips strangely while driving down a water hill!"

Well at least this picture is a bit better. It does rather make me look like I've got a death grip on the wheel. I can assure you my other hand is on the throttle and I was squinting at the confluence of oncoming boats, trying to remember the rules for right-of-way.

"He who is in the way has right-of-way."

Mmm... No, I don't think that was it.

I took DC the drywall instructor* out in the boat to show me how to drive. I learned a long time ago that having the captain try to teach me anything is just a recipe for an argument.

Learning to drive the boat was good fun (though stopping was challenging) and I finally got to see the other side of the island.



*no. He's not really a drywall instructor. He's a good and patient teacher though, and he even sorted out my bendix problems when the boat stalled a short distance away from the dock and left us adrift. My Hero!

No comments:

Post a Comment