Tuesday, June 7, 2011

My present!

If you've been following along, you'll know that I recently celebrated my birthday. And yes, I'm 29 again. Hooray!

For my birthday (and the Captain's - it was a combined gift as our birthdays are so close together), Mum and Dad bought us some art to hang at the lodge:



Isn't it lovely? I love the rustic feel to the wood of the frame, the old rockers and peeling paint. And the colour of the shutters is a near-perfect match to the colour of the cupboard doors in the kitchen at the lodge! It was meant to be.

I love it. It looks great on the wall by the kitchen table.

I got some lens-cap straps from my wee lad (much needed, thanks!) and an iTunes gift card from the princess.

And my big gift from the Captain is my very own table saw! Dun dun dun. It's still packed away in the box so I don't have any exciting photos to show you of it. I'm looking forward to making some custom pieces for the lodge (end tables for living room? bunks for peaky/junky/bunky?). Heck. I plan to make a new bed for our bedroom at the house, and some cabinets/cupboards to hang in my craft room!

I just need to figure out how to kick this pesky "sleep" habit that I've got, and I'll be ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment