Sunday, June 5, 2011

Visitors!

When I was a teen, I always managed to elicit strange looks from my friends when I'd tell them my parents had gone out to the bars for the night. Well, that's what my friends heard, at least. What I had actually said was that they had gone to the Barrs for the night.

The Barr family have been friends with my family for as long as I can remember, no exaggeration. My Dad has worked with Mr. Barr forever.

The Barrs are the ones from whom we bought our much loved pedalboat last year after they moved away from their house with a pond.

This past weekend, they paid us a visit to the Lodge! Mum and Dad had mentioned that the Barrs might drop by, but it wasn't until I saw the pontoon ambling towards our dock that I realized it was them.

They have a very, very nice boat. It's shiny. And new. The kids were very impressed. They had never been on a boat quite so nice!

The Barrs stayed long enough for a quick chat and a tour of the place, but it was a very brief visit. I'm pretty sure they've spent more time trying to leave my parents house after a visit as the conversation moved to the front hall, then the porch, then the driveway. I remember going to sleep listening to Mrs. Barr's laugh downstairs. It's a comfy feeling.

It was really nice to have them drop by.

No comments:

Post a Comment