Thursday, June 9, 2011

Wave clouds

Do you ever go to the Weather Network's website to get your weather forecast? I pretty much exclusively use this weather service (unless I'm looking for radar maps, then sometimes I'll go to Environment Canada's site. But you don't really care where I get my weather news, do you.)

[Everyone put on your crazy hats! Mine is a colander with tin foil on it.]

Have you ever noticed the Photos and Videos section that appears just after the long-term forecast on the webpage? It makes me MENTAL. Nutters. KaRayZay. when people post photos of animals on this photo service. It's as though they equate nature with weather! Bah. And yes, I ramble and rant about nutters on the weather page in the solitude of my office. And yes, that makes me a nutter too. What does a Pomeranian smiling amidst a sea of dandelions have to do with the WEATHER!?!? rar! RANT! ARG! Or a racoon eating fruitloops - yes that photo came from the weathernetwork page.

[OK. Now you can take off your crazy hat]

Now HERE is something that I think could legitimately be added to the photo section on the weather page.
Cloud formations! These freakydeaky clouds appeared on Saturday night after we had a big rain/thunderstorm pass earlier in the day.
I thought they might be altocumulus clouds (based on reading a Golden Books "Weather" book Dad added to the cottage library), but dad figures these were too low to be that type of cloud. So, I don't really know what they are. Any budding meteorologists out there care to hazard a guess?

No comments:

Post a Comment