Sunday, March 7, 2010

Damn you, IKEA! *shakes her fist*

We went to IKEA today to buy the bunk bed for the kids' room at the cottage.

We left IKEA $500 lighter.

I told you.... I TOLD YOU I can't leave that place without dropping $500! Did anyone try to stop me? NOoooooo.

In actuality it came to $492.31, and we didn't even get a $0.50 hotdog. Dangit.

In addition to the lurvly bunk beds which I can now paint, I also picked up:
-striped fabric for the kids' curtain
-coupla toss cushions
-cutlery ($4.99 for a set 20 pc.? ding ding!)
-plastic plates and cups a'plenty
-linens for the beds
-cute coat rack for inside the front door

And some stuff for around the house (about $65 worth).

It looked a bit like this (boy, it sure doesn't look like much when you present it this way):


It's all arranged on the quilts I picked up last weekend. The striped fabric will be for the roman shade in the kids' room, and the plaid will be some extra cushion covers. I've already picked up the paint for the walls and the bed. Walls will be the tan, bed will be the lighter red.

In this photo you can see the toss cushions with the embroidery on them.
♥ Love! ♥
I wanted the big *cough* $30 pillows, but Captain cheapiepants was there, so I compromised on the cheaper, smaller pillows.



And following are some photos of the individual bits and pieces.





No comments:

Post a Comment