Friday, March 19, 2010

The Great Refrigerator Roundup

About a week ago, cher Capitaine called up The Great Refrigerator Roundup to have them come and haul away the narsty fridges that have taken up residence in my garage.
You remember the fridges, don't you? They looked like this.

The Great Refrigerator Roundup is a program run by the Hydro company to have working fridges greater than 15 years old hauled away for free, the idea being that you're not sucking up so much energy using these beasts. It's a good idea. It's better than having the Town come and take away your fridges, because you have to pay them $20 per fridge (for CFC containment activities), and the fridges count towards your maximum of twelve items for a special collection pick up. This way we got two more big items hauled away in our special collection, and the fridges are taken away for free. Le Capitaine is pleased. Le Capitaine's wife is also pleased: I get my garage back!

I suspect these two lads thought I was a loon standing in my driveway in my pyjamas taking pictures of their truck. Since I have no designs on winning the hearts of the fridge movers, I'm not terribly concerned about their low opinions.

One last wave good-bye!
Good-bye ugly fridges!

No comments:

Post a Comment