Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Got Junk?

I don't!

Today we got rid of a mountain of crap from our garage.


Strangely, when the garbage collection dudes arrived, I had a hard time witnessing a lot of those items being tossed into the crunching garbage truck. Not the junk from the cottage, I have no attachment to that stuff. But the purple dresser is still good - just massive, and the desks no longer serve any purpose. Even the computer monitor worked perfectly - it was just dated. The coffee table was still in good nick too. I'd had all of this stuff since my first apartment in university. We had tried to sell/give away a lot of it at garage sales, but there was no interest. *sigh* Sad to see it go. It hurt a little.


Goodbye, my desk *sniff*! I confess I did have a brief moment of panic when they were loading the truck, "I should've stripped all the drawer handles from the dresser!" but the rational half of me talked to the crazy half of me and said "No, you shouldn't have." And the rational part was right.

I think I expected them to cart the things off whole, and donate 'em somehow. I didn't imagine a scary furniture crushing behemoth to pull up at the curb. It was all a little shocking. Caro sposo thought it was cool.

You'll notice the fridges aren't in the heap. They'll be collected next week. I can't wait to reclaim the garage!

No comments:

Post a Comment