Sunday, January 2, 2011

$10 of stupid?

We went to the Despot yesterday to buy clear storage bins to house all of our Christmas crap. Early in December I had started to develop a nervous tick rummaging through countless cardboard boxes trying to find certain decorations.

Clear boxes = I can see all my junk.

This is one of the reasons my desk and craft room are always a disaster; when something is out in the open, I know exactly where it is. Hide it away in a cupboard or box and I either forget that I own it, or simply can't find it. * There's a fine line that I tread between organized chaos and impenetrable disaster.

Where was I? Oh right. Home Depot.

So we were out shopping for boxes. We didn't buy any because they were flimsy junk. BUT, while trolling the aisles, I spotted a lovely faucet for the cottage bathroom! AND IT WAS ONLY $10!!



Captain: But we already bought a faucet.
Me: I know, but this one is way nicer and it's only $10.
Captain: But the other one is perfectly good.
Me: And perfectly ugly. This one is nice and it's only $10. We can use the ugly one when we put a bar sink into Peaky.
Captain: We're putting a bar sink into Peaky!? Why can't we just use the old old one that was originally in the bathroom for that?
Me: [Look of death] Are you kidding me? Listen. You're just going to have to trust me, o.k. And besides, it's only $10.
Captain: OK, but you're installing it.
Me: [inside: "Yay!!"]. Sure, no problem.
Captain: And what if it doesn't work?!
Me: Then I'll ask my Daddy to help me fix it, because he loves me.

So, for good or for ill, we bought another bathroom faucet. And it was only $10!!
(Yay!!)


*that's my story and I'm sticking with it.

UPDATE: Boxes were purchased from Crappy Tire, 50% off! (nice sturdy rubbermaid ones, too). I also bought yards and yards of Christmas gift wrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment