Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Oh My God The Cat Is Dead

I regularly walk into rooms, spot the cat lying on the floor, and say "Oh My God The Cat Is Dead!" (this kind of utterance demands initial caps). 
He's not actually dead. He's just been sleeping.
It's not that I wish my cat were dead (quite the opposite, in fact). It's just that he's a seriously geriatric feline. I found him as a 6-month-old stray sometime in my second year of university, and that was '90-'91. (You do the math... saying the number out loud causes me to sprout another grey hair.) He's an old boy. I'm sort of expecting old age to catch up with him one of these days.
I had an "Oh My God The Cat Is Dead" moment today, walking in to my office. He was asleep on the ottoman with his mouth wide open and his tongue lolled out. The only thing missing were two crosses over his eyes: + +
But he was just sleeping. 
Freak.
This photo is definitely the clearest, however...
He's obviously a much bigger freak in this one. Yes, he slept like that for quite a while.

Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment