Monday, January 10, 2011

The weekend ate my homework!

Hiya!

I did snap some photos this weekend, and if you're on my Facebook you would have already seen them, but I plum forgot to add them here too. Sorry! The good news is that you get more than just the one photo shared in my POTD folder on facebook. I might forget about you on the weekends, but I make up for it with extra goodies.

Here's the photo from Saturday:
I needed to get the princess to clean out her closet, so I told her I'd sit and keep her company and we could have some tea and cookies as refreshments when she needed a break. (For some reason, she needed a lot of breaks; at least, until the tea and cookies ran out.)

I love that you can see the swirl in the steam and also that the sunlight is glowing through the thin china at the rim of the cup.

And here are some photos from Sunday.

This was going to be the POTD for Sunday:
(my doofus cat, slain by a sunbeam, then made a little more comfortable by the princess. She gave him a ball of yarn for a pillow, and a blankie)

Doofus.

But that got trumped following a visit to Walmart. The smell of fresh baked bread wafting through the store and the princess wanting to make butter at home clinched it.

We made butter! You start with a cup of whipping cream in a mason jar, and then shake shake shake. This step took about 15 minutes. We all took turns.

Then, we couldn't shake it anymore. This is what filled the jar. Essentially, it's whipped cream! However, we wanted one step beyond whipped cream, so I divided this between two jars, and we resumed shaking.

Almost instantly the buttermilk started to separate out of the whipped cream and we were left with...

Butter!

It was sooooo very good on that warm bread from the bakery.

Mmmmmm.


Sorry I left you hangin'

I bought some cottage stuff this weekend. More on that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment