Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Baskets

I finally found some baskets that were the correct dimensions for the shelf I built for the cottage bathroom. Remember? It has little cubbies underneath:
I had hoped to find rectangular wicker baskets, but the cubbies are 6" x 11 5/8" for no particular reason other than that's the shape they ended up being after I made my arbitrary bench measurements and cuts.

That's a pain in the butt shape, let me tell you. Most baskets are a solid 12" wide. Arg. Had I known when I was cutting, I would've allowed for that extra little bit.

Eventually I found these at Michaels, 40% off:

They're not bad!

I'm not super crazy about the angled sides, and I think they might be a little short, but they're not bad. We'll have to see how they look when I slide them into the bench.

I'm not even sure what I'll keep in them yet. I just know I like to have lots of places to store stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment