Friday, May 20, 2011

I could make that!

As I type this, I am in the throws of packing for a weekend away at the cottage. In fact, there's a mountain of stuff in my living room (staging area) and on the front porch (packed and ready to be loaded).

So what do I do when I need to leave the house in an hour? Surf the web and write a blog post, of course. Honestly, I am my own worst enemy. Save me from myself!

So what did I happen to spot on Ana's blog? More gorgeous stuff that I need.... NEED... at the cottage. (sigh)

Check out these chairs though, are they not the cutest?
Photo from Ana-white.com - click for plans

And I love the idea of a fabric sling (so much cooler than quilted polyester chair pads) and the fact that they fold up small is an added bonus at our storage-challenged cottage. She says the same chair would run you $200 at Pottery barn (have Pottery barn customer's been dropped on their heads!? Who pays that kind of money for a child's chair?!). She estimates the material costs (included fabric) to be in/around $10.

Photo from Ana-white.com
These plans are for a child's chair, but I could easily bodge the plans to make them adult-worthy. 'Cause I don't have enough things to do right now.

Dangit.

Does anyone know of a cure for the I-could-make-that's? Apart from a pailful of money, any way. Gah.

Blog will be quiet until we return. Happy Birthday Queen Victoria!

No comments:

Post a Comment