Sunday, July 15, 2012

Dominion

My kids are obsessed with the card game, Dominion.

It looks a little nerd-tastic (Magic the Gathering, anyone?) but it's only a little bit nerdy.

The goal of the game is to get the most victory points.

You get victory points by buying them.

The action cards can help with the buying by granting you extra cash, extra cards, extra turns, etc. You buy them too.

The game ends when 3 of the card piles are deleted, OR when the pile of 6-point victory cards is gone.

On the surface it's a fairly simple game. I think that's why the kids like it. It's easy to learn, but tricky to master. It's a different game almost every time you play, because you can change the 10 action cards that are available in that game (there's a stockpile of different cards that come with the game, AND you can buy expansion packs that provide even more options).

The last time I played them, they totally kicked my butt.

I demand a rematch!






No comments:

Post a Comment