Thursday, July 12, 2012

Photo recovery software

Calloo Callay I have wonderful news!

I was able to recover my lost photos from the borked SD card that was in my camera. Woo! I'm tickled so pink I'm almost purple.

I ended up using the TestDisk application by CGSecurity. I found it and downloaded it from CNET. Typically I would never do this because the security risks of installing unproven software are great, but - well - I guess I was getting a little desperate.

The good new is that it works. It's a DOS-based utility which makes it a little clunky if the black DOS window frightens you. It's also not intuitive as far as identifying your drive or choosing which type of drive it is, but once you figure that out, you just have to change the file options to look for .jpg files, and you're off to the races. It downloads all the files to a folder you specify (accept the default setting - it'll show up in a folder called "recup_dir" in the same folder where the software was installed.).

I'm just beyond thrilled; I really thought they were gone for good!

I have a couple of retroactive post updates for you:

Pushing a Rock

White-washed pine ceiling

Please revisit those, as I've posted new photos to embellish the reports.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment