Monday, October 11, 2010

I've got nice buns

I've got nice buns.

I hear it all the time.

I make these bad boys on special occasions only. The Big Dinner With the Family types of events, like Christmas, Easter, or Thanksgiving.

It's just as well I save them for special occasions otherwise I'd be as wide as I am tall, like Violet Beauregarde after she chews the gum (there's an obscure Charlie and the Chocolate Factory reference for you!).

These are for our inaugural Thanksgiving dinner at the cottage. Keep your fingers crossed that the oven works long enough to cook a turkey, that we have heat in the cottage, that the lake is calm enough to bring my auntie and uncle across for Sunday dinner. So many things could go kaplooey. But none of them will, right?

I need to freeze these soon before I eat them all. Otherwise I will go kaplooey.

No comments:

Post a Comment