Friday, October 8, 2010

Rope

Today, my dears, you must endure some self-indulgent blogging whims.

For today, I give you: rope.

Why? Because it was fall. I was outside at the cottage. I had my camera in my hand after photographing freaky toadstools, and I spotted some sun on a tatty old rope.

I didn't see it at the time but there's a spot of lens flare in this photo. Poop. It wrecked an otherwise nice photo. Note to self: pick up a lens hood.


What I like about digital photos is that I can play around with them and use various filters and post-processing techniques to tweak and fiddle...





Like, make it look like it's on old paper.
Or Black and White.

Or maybe selectively colorize parts of the black and white (though this looks a bit dated)

Or, how about sepia toned?

 Or even just punch up the colours and contrast a bit.

The nice thing about having a good DSLR is I have the luxury of taking photos of old rope in sunshine--many photos, if I so choose--and it doesn't cost me a bent dime.

Or nickel.

(this nickel was photographed using reverse macro, which I just learned about and didn't believe until I tried it myself. Wild.)
 Thanks for indulging my self indulgence.








No comments:

Post a Comment