Sunday, October 17, 2010

Vanity, part III: the vanity strikes back

While the captain was losing his mind trying to bore a hole into a shower tile, I decided to be productive and get a bit more trim installed in the bathroom.

Here's the half-wall by the sink:
I put the trim around the cap at the top of the wall and filled the crevices with my secret weapon (ALEX caulk). It's ready now for a coat of white paint.

I also installed the trim along the floor in front of the vanity. As always, it's good from far, but far from good. At least it looks better than exposed 2x4s.

I put some trim around the door frames, too.

I did manage to get grout on a few tiles this weekend and ran some silicone caulk to seal it up.
(thanks to Nicole the cat herder for her donated grout. I think we used a whole tablespoonful. I'm very pleased I didn't have to buy a whole box for that.)

I still need to put some trim on the walls surrounding the toity, and around the window. That one will require some creativity as the window casing isn't flush with the wall.

Another project for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment