Friday, October 1, 2010

Giving "outhouse" a new meaning

I have another bathroom related post for you today because that's all I really have left to write about. Sadly, we haven't been to the cottage in two weeks and I've been stringing you along on old photos all this time.

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful!

The problem is that fall activity schedules for the kids have kicked in with a vengeance. Between hockey, dance, and swimming, we're almost never home in the evenings and our weekends are full of practices, rehearsals, and games. And yes, it's all a mess of our own making so I don't even deserve any pity.

*sigh*

I just want to finish the bathroom!!

Here's a photo of the entry way into the bathroom. The flooring almost reaches the shower curb.

And this one shows the trap door. It's almost hidden, you can just barely make out the cut line at the edge of the door. We're having problems with it, though. It's too snug and now it's difficult to open and close the trap door.  We'll need to tweak that next year.

As we neared the toity with the flooring, we needed to move it out of the way. The lead to some confusion among the residents. It gave "out house" a whole new meaning.

It was fiddly cutting the flooring to size around the toilet aperture (sounds so much nicer than poo hole).

But the flooring is now in and, as in all other rooms, it's made such an improvement! Tada!

I picked up a cheap carpet runner as the despot to put in front of the shower and sink to hide the already-nearly-invisible trap door opening. It's grey and taupe, and co-ordinates handsomely with the shower curtain fabric.

Next steps are to install the baseboard trim and corner mouldings.

I had so hoped to be done the bathroom this summer.

I might cry if it's not done before we close up for the season.



No comments:

Post a Comment