Saturday, September 17, 2011

Do you have one of these?

Mum and Dad donated a strange little thermometer to the cottage this summer. Dad picked it up at a yard sale for a few coins.

It's pretty neat to look at, and it's surprisingly accurate. I like that I can look at the number of floating spheres and know the temperature, without having to find my glasses or squint across the room at the digital thermometer. When all the spheres are floating, it's cold. When they're all at the bottom it's stinky hot. And when they're nicely divided, some up, some down, then the temperature is just about right. The bottom one has a gold-coloured tag that says "18" on it, and they go up in 2 degree increments, which means the blue one at the top is the "26" tag.

I like it.

Sorry for the short post tonight. I attended my first "Adult Jazz/Hip Hop" class tonight and I am beat. Oh, and I suck. A lot. But I'll keep working at it and maybe I'll improve!

No comments:

Post a Comment