Friday, September 9, 2011

Unexpected entertainment

There was a racket on the lake last weekend. The cool thing about the cottage is that you can sit watching the lake all day and never know what you're going to spot.

At first I thought I was hearing a BIG fishing boat with a very noisy motor (because, you know, those bass swim  f a s t  and you have race along to catch 'em.). They've been known to tear around the island to get to their fishing spot  r i g h t   a w a y.

Turns out it was a float plane!

It taxied towards the island, turned around, gunned it, and flew off into the afternoon sky. The kids were very impressed. I think one of them might even have said, "That's sick!", which in the lingo of today's youth is a good thing. ;-)

That plane reminds me, I have to make arrangements to book Mum and Dad's sight-seeing flight that I gave them for Christmas last year. [makes a note on the eternal/infernal to-do list].

No comments:

Post a Comment