Sunday, September 4, 2011

How do you lose a set of sheets!?!

I'm 90% sure I bought a set of single sheets for the bed out in Slanty (the bunky). I can only say I'm 90% sure, because the only reason I remember it at all is because I found a pillow case on the pillow in there (hidden under the pillow sham) that made me stop and say "Oh yeah!!! I did buy sheets for this bed. Where the heck are they?"

I looked in the linen cupboard at the cottage but didn't see them. Maybe I took them home for the winter to wash 'em? A cursory inspection of my slightly-less-than-tidy linen cupboard at home yielded no matching sheets. *sigh* I hate losing things.

This means two things:
  1. I won't rest until I find those gosh-darned sheets. When I lose something, I become obsessed with finding the lost thing. It nags at me and makes me crazy. -er. Crazier. Every time I see a bed sheet I'll clench my jaw and say "Ooooo... those darned missing sheets! Where are they!?"
  2. I'm going to have to empty out my entire linen closet, clean, and restock it to try to locate the missing sheets. 

I was perfectly content to turn a blind eye to the condition of my linen closet, but there's no avoiding it now. The sheets must be found.

Honestly. How do you lose a set of sheets!?

No comments:

Post a Comment