Thursday, September 15, 2011

I got my data baaaaack!!

Somebunny lurvs me - and it's the Captain! For my anniversary gift, he paid to have the data salvaged from my borked hard drive.

♥ ♥ ♥

I was so happy tears were welling up. I'm such a sentimental fool. Nothing says lovin' like Data. It wasn't cheap, either. If you have photos you don't want to lose, back them up! Burn a CD, copy to a USB drive, something.

The recovery of my lost data [happy dance] means I have a few more old posts that I can share with you, now that the photos have returned.

I want to show you the day Dad and I decided to build our own kites from vapour barrier, tuck tape, butcher twine, and tomato stakes. Of course, it became a "who can make a better kite" contest. For me it did, anyway.

For starters, this is my kick arse Delta Wing:
It's pretty sick, I know.

Here's Dad's retro diamond kite.
It looks like it's flying, but really he's just winging it around with his fishing rod.
OK. Maybe it caught a little bit of air, but mostly it caught ground.

Clearly MY kite was the vastly superior kite.

No comments:

Post a Comment