Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Kitchen cupboards

Work is progressing on the kitchen cupboards.

Pointless aside: as a child and an emerging reader, I could never figure out what a "cup     board" was in my Pippi Longstockings book. I haven't always been the razor-sharp intellectual you know and love.

The upper cupboard doors have had their facelift, and super-handy Dad has built new lower cupboard doors to match.

This weekend, Mum got the first coat of paint on the cabinets themselves. She darned near crippled herself in the process, winding up stiff and sore the next day, but she did it. Unfortunately she has to do it again this coming weekend, as a second coat of paint is needed! Bwahaha. I'm so evil.

I really don't want her crippled though, Not only because I can't imagine how we'd get her off the island and back to the car if she's unable to walk--I have visions of putting her in one of those inflatable Sumo-wrestler Hallowe'en costumes and floating her along behind the boat--but mostly because I love her and I want her whole and healthy.

Hmm. bit of a tangent there, sorry.

Once that coat of paint goes on, we can hang the cupboard doors. I still need to pick up the paint this week for the living room/ kitchen/ hall and for our bedroom.

I also need to get my hands on a lawnmower (preferably gas-powered) and two twin mattress (IKEA here we come!). Gah. I need more days in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment