Tuesday, May 18, 2010

More colours

While I was away last weekend at a dance competition, I took my wee girlie to a mall. With two boys in the house we're never allowed to just amble through a mall; it's commando shopping with them. Find what you need, buy it, and get the heck out as quickly as possible. We bought girlie nail polish, a cute outfit for her, and....a quilt!

I found a super deal on a lightweight quilt or "coverlet". $24.99!? Yes please! I couldn't buy the fabric for that little, let alone make it. The colors are exactly what I pictured when I saw the completed room in my head.

Here's a photo (click for close-up).

As always, I'll be pulling my colours from the dominant fabric in the room (since there's no carpet, this will be the coverlet). For those of you playing along with your BenjyMoore paint fans, the colours are:
Florida Keys Blue (2050-40), Overcast (OC-43), and I think I'm going to paint the walls "Blue Bonnet" (2050-70) with some accents (Pillows? Throw? Art? KnickKnacks? Lamp?) of "Dill Pickle" (2147-40)
Here:
Blue Bonnet
Overcast
Florida Keys Blue
Dill Pickle















Everything else will be a bright, clean white. The headboard, furniture, etc. I think I've even still got a mosquito netting from IKEA (it's probably knackered, but I'll pull it out to see) to put over the bed. I hate bugs. Bugs love me. I'm bug chocolate. If you want to ensure you never get a single bug-bite, invite me along. They'll snack on me and completely ignore you.

Anywho. Now that I have a colour palette I can start to pick up the extras and buy some paint. Progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment