Friday, May 28, 2010

Some more shots from around the cottage

For no particular reason other than I have photos to look at, here are some pics of plant life!
We have the world's happiest wiegela shrub. It's a riot of pink right now.
It's much happier than my bushes at home, which I hate like weeds.
There are pretty ferns down near the water by the dock.
And... these. Anyone know what they are? They're pendent and about the size of a bleeding heart (definitely not lily of the valley). *puzzle*.

UPDATE: Some proficient googling indicates these are "Solomon's Seal". Who knew!?

I wish I had photos of the two orioles there are darting in an out of the hawthorn tree in front of the cottage. I've never seen one in the flesh before! They're so pretty. And I might even consider leaving the hawthorn there if the birds like it so much. Stupid hawthorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment