Friday, July 9, 2010

Buried treasure?

While futzing about with the saloon doors to their bedroom, Dad decided to pull the panels of.... panelling off the back of the doors.

Here's what they looked like. Panel-y. In the photo, the doors are actually upside down. That's important for later on.

Once he removed the first panel, he got a bit of a surprise.

It's a carved pineapple panel!

And you know, I  kinda like it. Pineapples (at least in decor) are symbols of welcome, or hospitality.

I wonder why it's upside down in the door? I wonder why they covered it up!?

Oh. That's why.

Where, on earth, do you find two equal sized, similarly carved, yet entirely different wood panels to build doors out of!? (If you say "your cottage" I'm going to drop an anvil on your head).

*boggle*

Well, I know what to do with these.

*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment