Friday, July 16, 2010

Chess

While cleaning out the guest room, we discovered a nifty little chess set. It's actually chess, checkers, backgammon, cribbage, cards, and some other game with dice that have face cards on 'em (anyone know what this is?) all in one handy little package.

The darling red-headed kid spent the latter half of the week begging any who drifted past to play a game with him. I'm a terrible chess player myself (I know how the pieces move, but there ends my strategizing).  The Captain is the exact opposite: very competitive and not super patient. I was bracing for tears. The red-head isn't known for being a good loser.

However, I was pleasantly surprised! They both played seriously (repeatedly) and, although he lost each time, the wee lad didn't pitch a fit and kept coming back for another game. I think he's growing up a little!

No comments:

Post a Comment