Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Gene and his pals

Check out Gene, Paul, cat-faced guy and What's-his-name.

Don't they look smashing?


I finally found some time to spray paint the rockers. Left to right are Key Lime, Berry Pink, Brilliant Blue, and Sun Yellow.

Some things I learned whilst painting the rockers:
  1. No amount of paint protection is enough. I had essentially created a plastic drop-cloth cocoon to paint in but the paint fog still managed to escape.
  2. Spray painting four rockers in one afternoon gives you spasms in your hands. I can't even hold my toothbrush right now.
  3. Spray paint sticks to skin much worse than latex paint. (My nickname is now "Rainbow Bright")
  4. Paint fog mysteriously morphs into paint dust after it travels about six feet. It's easy to clean up, but it's EVERYWHERE. (please don't ask about the inside of my nose. It's just better that way.)
  5. The "double coverage" spray cans ($1 more than the others) cover about the same as the regular cans.
  6. One can of spray paint is just barely enough to thoroughly paint a rocking chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment