Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Some more photos of Slanty

We made a few more additions to Slanty before our guests arrived.

Starting with some slightly more appealing bedding (ya, the duvet cover and pillow cases are cast-offs from the house, but even unwanted bedding from home is still nicer than the carp that was at the cottage. My linen closet at home has never been happier!)

And we added a cute little light from the Mart of Wal that is NEW and as such is much less likely to start a fire than the scary one that used to be in that spot.

I also ditched the red curtains on this side of the bunky in favor of some white ones.  I'm a flimsy-curtain kinda gal. I hope you don't need a pitch-black room to sleep in, because you're S-O-L at the cottage if you do. Put a pillow over your head or something.

Someday soon I'd like to paint all of that paneling white, I think. Clean it up. Brighten it up.

I'm also planning to scavenge some ceiling tiles from the bathroom demo (more on that later) to fill in the gaps at the edge of this room.

Here's a view from a different angle. I'll probably need to get rid of that cuckoo clock, too. Cuckoo as in "crazy", not cuckoo as in "little bird leaps out and scares the pants off you every hour". I'm not THAT mean to my guests. (am I?)

And here's the super narrow back bedroom in that cabin. I thought I would replace the red curtains in here too, but when I put the duvet in with the yellow walls and the red in the curtains, it suddenly all ties together! Kismet! The cover is actually navy blue, red, and yellow. The flash just overexposed it a little.

Until we get out here with some paint and flooring, Slanty is pretty well done for the time being.

No comments:

Post a Comment