Monday, July 12, 2010

Quaaaaccckkk!

Ducks!

There's a ducky daycare that swims past the cottage three to five times a day nibbling at... whatever it is that ducks nibble at in the water (weeds? bugs? Honestly. No clue. This is why I don't homeschool the kids. That and I'm terribly lazy.)

There are about 12 of them, and it's not clear if there's more than one Momma there. Twelve eggs for one bird though? She'd have to have a massive butt to incubate them all. Hence the ducky daycare theory.  'Course, show me a new momma that doesn't have a massive butt and I'll show you a Z-list celebrity with an eating disorder.

Right. Back to Les Ducques.

I gave the kids a stale bread roll to break up and feed to the duckies. Here they are with their pal, Nathan, on Nathan's dock. Foolishly, they broke it into about five huge chunks and whipped them at the ducks.


Duck carnage and mayhem ensued as they fought over the few chunks. The fun ended abruptly because they were out of bread.

Then the kids found the old bread-ends and fed those to the ducks.

Then they came back and took the bread off of Princess's half-eaten lunch to feed that to the ducks. I put my foot down at that point.

"That's her LUNCH!"

The ducks took the hint and vamoosed, off in search of rock slime.

No comments:

Post a Comment