Thursday, July 28, 2011

Out with the old...in with the gently used

You may have noticed I'm posting a lot fewer reno stories on the blog. I guess that's because we're doing a lot less renovating, and a whole lot more sitting on our collective butt and enjoying ourselves.

There are still a few little tweaks here and there to attend to.

Last week, I removed the classy brassy octagon light from the main hallway. (Main hallway? There is but one!)

Why? 'Cause it's ugly, that's why.

I opted to replace it with a less conspicuous and  only-slightly-less-ugly boob light* that I scavenged from the bathroom demo.

I nominated the captain to do the heavy lifting. What?! I had to hold the camera. *cough*

With the old light removed, we found traces of our Arch Nemesis, Dr. U - electrical super genius. If I ever happen to meet that man I'm going to smack him! No, wait. First I'm going to hand him a package of murettes, then I'm going to smack him.

Old light out, new light in.

A quick flick of the switch to test his handiwork, and it appears it's another job well done.






*Thank you, Tommy Smythe from Sarah Richardson's design shows. I will forever think of this style of light as a boob light, due to its unfortunate shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment