Friday, July 29, 2011

Turtle Swag!!

Remember when we spotted that painted turtle at the marina and I registered the sighting with the Ontario Turtle Tally?

Well, we got the kit of Turtle Swag at long last! (Stupid postal strike).

It's a little lack-lustre [insert sad trombone here], but the kids had fun pulling the goodies out of the big envelope and fighting over the poster.

There are stickers, magnets, pamphlets, posters, and info on frog species too!

I also recently received some turtle spam in my inbox, it was full of fun facts. I learned that there have been 1330 reported turtle sightings so far this year, 1178 of which have been painted turtles (the kind we saw). There have also been 14 stinkpot turtles spotted. Eww.

Did you know that turtles can't stick out their tongues? And that the shell of a turtle is made up of 60 different bones connected together?

See, if I hadn't reported that wee turtle, we'd all be just a little dumber today.

No comments:

Post a Comment