Sunday, September 19, 2010

Bathroom progress

I came to the realization recently that I needed to get paint on the bathroom walls. Painting was gating a bunch of other activities. Until I painted, I couldn't: install the flooring, install any trim, install the ceiling tiles (which I still have to buy, dangit) grout or caulk around the vanity, etc etc.

First I put a quick coat of paint around the top of the vanity. I figure it would be easier to get the colour up to, and under the tiles that would be installed without taping or getting paint all over the tiles.

Me installing tiles. Yes, I'm using no-more-nails. Of all the adhesives in the Depot's sticky-stuff department, this fit the bill the best. Who knew?

And...... stick! I need to grout this with white grout and seal them top and bottom with caulking before it's done. Grout's not cheap, though, and I can't find it smaller than a $15 box of the stuff. I really need very little.


First we primed.
And everything became very white. Ya, I ended up taping off the tiles after all. I didn't want to have to chip away paint spatter.


Then we painted. This is the Elephant Tusk colour from Benjamin Moore. It went on even yellower than I had expected. Almost a lemony tint to it.

And this is me perched on the throne to paint in the back corner of the loo. Thanks to the captain for this charming photo.


It was actually really quick. There's not a whole lot of wall surface in this room. I really am very sick of painting, though. This summer we have painted every square inch of the cottage interior and I am very sick of painting. Very sick.

Isn't the vanity shaping up nicely? The mirror was a steal from Home Depot ($35!? Shutup!!). the cute grey hand towels were donated by my sweet Auntie. Thanks Auntie P!

And the pinstriped detail on the frame matches the wall colour handsomely.

Baby steps. We're getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment